I hope everyone is well and had a good summer. If you wondered why you didn’t get an August Cliff Notes Newsletter, it is because your board decided since we don’t have summer meetings we don’t need July and August newsletters. Your Board revised the Bylaws accordingly. This September Newsletter starts the next season.
Our upcoming October 4 meeting has an interesting speaker. Steve Hoza. Steve is a recognized authority on the history of World War II in Arizona. He will present a PowerPoint program of the history of the German’s internment in Arizona. He will also have artifacts on display. We thank Al Stimac for finding the speaker.
The November meeting will be November 1, Matt Greenman, manager of the HTF7000 engine family. Thanks Dave Oman for obtaining the speaker.
Cathy Bennett has resigned from Events due to her job workload. Some of us still work. Diane Bennett will take over for Cathy but Cathy did arrange for our December Holiday Luncheon. It will be held at the Millennium McCormick resort in Scottsdale. The room has great views. The date is December 6. Please put that on your calendar and attend.
The Clubs Dues Notice letter will be issued in September. Our Treasurer recommended that our dues be $15 for the upcoming season and your Board approved.
Here is the Club meeting/event schedule for the 2023/2024 season
- October 4, 2023 Scottsdale Granite Reef Senior Center
- November 1, 2023 Scottsdale Granite Reef Senior Center
- December 6, 2023 Annual Holiday Charity Luncheon
- January 3, 2024 Scottsdale Granite Reef Senior Center
- February 7, 2024 Scottsdale Granite Reef Senior Center
- March 6, 2024 Scottsdale Granite Reef Senior Center
- April 3, 2024 Spring Picnic
- May 3, 2024 Scottsdale Granite Reef Senior Center
Hope to see all of you at our October meeting.